End of code

Sunday 9 April 2017

Fixing a vinyl hole with 3D medium

I decided to try out the RebornFX 3D medium to fill  a hole that was left from a bubble in the vinyl at the back of the neck. Found out it worked out well! Usually I would fill any holes with the heat set vinyl putty medium but I didn't want to heat my vinyl up. That is why I decided to try out the 3D medium for this. I sticks onto the vinyl permanently and is very flexible once air dried.  Here are a few snap shots of my experiment.
Filled the hole with the RebornFX 3D medium and blend out over and around the hole area.
 Left to air dry over night then painted a few skin tones on top. After paint was dry, I bent the neck area and flexed it a few times. All held together with no cracking.
Since the 3D medium worked to well with adhesion and filling in a hole, I decided to apply a thin layer of the ReBornFX 3D medium onto this thin layer of vinyl on the ear lobe. This will reinforce this thin vinyl area to strengthen and prevent any punctures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.