End of code

Saturday 10 June 2017

Non Toxic ReBornFX Paint Stripper

I hate the times when a reborn baby I am painting just doesn't turn out the way you intended it to. I am sure many of you have experienced this dilemma as well. Sometimes the only recourse is to strip off all the paint and just start over. Most of the paint strippers used for reborn dolls are very toxic eg. Acetone and WNB cleaner. This creates quite a problem for me as I live in a rural area with a septic tank and weeping bed = so no toxins can go down the drain in my house.   I do like to help preserve our environment as much as I can and I do not like to handle toxins in fear of it absorbing into my sensitive skin and causing health issues. I was so happy to find out the Rebornfx Paint Remover was both non toxic and environmentally safe. I was able to use the product with out using rubber gloves and a mask!  It does have a orange/lemon odor but that did not bother me. I tried the product on the Rebornfx air dry paints , on the Genesis and  Heat Set paints and it did remove both types of paint.
I am going to post the instructions below on how I used the Rebornfx paint remover. The product also includes a Scrubbie wedge to help remove stubborn areas of paint with out scratching the vinyl.


Basic Instructions for Rebornfx Paint Remover
1. Pour some ReBornFX Paint Remover into a small container. With the flat brush, apply a thick coat of the paint remover onto your vinyl pieces.
 
2. Lightly mist the inside of your glass bowl and towel with water. Put your vinyl pieces onto the damp towel and put bowl on top. This keeps the paint remover solution moist to help activate it more. If the ReBornFX paint Remover has dried then reactivate it by applying more Remover solution or water on
 
3. Leave paint remover on for 15 minutes when removing heat set paints. Paint remover may remove
acrylic paints with in 7 to 10 minutes. Timing will depend on how many layers of paint is on your vinyl pieces. You may test to see if paint is lifting by rubbing with a cloth.
4. Remove the Bowl and fill with warm tap water . Add a few drops of Dawn Dish Soap.
5. Take the vinyl piece and wipe with the cloth rag. With pressure, paint will start to come off the vinyl.
You may also scrub areas that are not removed with a cloth with a toothbrush.
A second application of paint remover may be required for some hard to remove areas of paint.

6. Once the majority of paint has been removed , a Scrubby wedge or Sand Eraser will help get into small crevices to remove paint. Wooden toothpicks are also helpful for getting paint out from between fingers and toes, but be careful not to scratch the vinyl.
7. Once all paint is removed, give your vinyl pieces a good washing with clean water
and Dawn Dish Soap. Then rinse soap off thoroughly.  Your piece will be ready to paint when dry.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.