End of code

Wednesday 8 March 2017

RebornFX 3D Medium Hair

So I finally got the opportunity to finish up the testing project using the RebornFx 3D medium with the heat set/Genesis paints. See the previous posts for test beginning.

First I finished blending in the hair colors set in with Genesis paints, heat set for 8 minutes and cooled to room temperature.
I decided I really didn't like the top part of the hair , so I applied another layer of the RebornFX 3D medium on top. This time I kept the raised hair a bit back to achieve that 3D hair layer look. I then let the 3D medium dry for about 1/2 hour.  My studio was in a dry environment so I had fast dry results.

After drying I finished applying the Genesis paint hair colors onto the newly raised hair. I then heat set the paint for another 8 minutes then let cool.

The picture below was taken with a flash to show the 3D hair dimensions more. The highlighted white hair from the flash is actually a light ash brown as shown in the next picture below.


 I am quite pleased with the results. The medium is still flexible and soft even after all the heat set baking I did. It actually feels like part of the vinyl mold!  I won't be adding in any more detail to the hair as this head was a test piece only. I am now confident that the air dry RebornFX 3D medium can be used with the heat set paints as well as with the RebornFX air dry paints.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.